- Creation of 100 jobs.
- 2 new television series contracts:
- Kulipari (Season 2) produced by Splash Entertainment
- Arthur (Seasons 22 to 25) produced by PBS/WGBH
- A new training campus for employees.
- An expansion plan of $3.33 million in investments, including two repayable financial contributions: $577,500 from the Québec Ministry of Economy, Science and Innovation (MESI), and $425,000 from Canada Economic Development (CED), as well as financial support of $216,724 from the ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale (MTESS) to train 125 employees, including 100 new animators.
- The MESI is also providing $38,412 through the Programme Exportation (PEX) to support the company’s export project.
- The investment also includes a financial contribution of $2,072,364 from Oasis Animation.
MONTRÉAL, June 4, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ – Oasis Animation, Canada’s leading 2D animation studio, is proud to announce a $3,330,000 investment in a major expansion program to increase its production capacity. The studio plans to increase and modernize its production infrastructure and create 100 jobs.
“Over the past few years, the increasing quality of our productions has been recognized on the international marketplace and helped to showcase the talent of our artists abroad,” said Jacques Bilodeau, Founding President of Oasis Animation. “The signing of new production contracts for animation series is requiring us to more than double our production capacity and to hire 100 2D animators. By the end of 2019, Oasis Animation will have doubled its workforce to nearly 200 people.”
Read @ Canada NewsWire